Friday, December 15, 2006

Pimp my PC

Over at Tech Explorer, Corey asks "what does your computer say about you?" He had the thankless task of visiting a large number of staff computers in his library.

I was interested that many people had loaded in a favourite background image. Our electronic services librarian says this reminds her ...and others...that she has a life outside work.


10 years ago, I customised my first work laptop with the album cover for Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Instead of the Windows close down noise, I had Bollywood. I sampled in Sri Devi singing the "awi wiwi wiwi wiwi wiwiw wi" bit of Hawa Hawaii from Mr India.

I think I must have got it out of my system, because after that I haven't really fiddled with my PC settings too much... I just make everything a subltle shade of lilac, nowadays. And set the default browser to Firefox.

But.. I think I might be expressing myself outside my PC, at least at home....

Analyse This !!

TODAY'S HIPPIE CARD: Growth

No comments: