Wednesday, December 27, 2006

5 things you didn't know about Kathryn Greenhill

I've been sitting out here on the "C" list in Australia, waiting to be tagged with this meme. I've just had three "driveby" taggings - of the "if you're reading this, you're tagged" kind - so off I go...
  1. Neither my husband nor I were born Greenhill. It's the family name we chose when our first child was born. We changed our names by deed, then registered the birth.
  2. I've just come out of 9 years of looking after small children and dying parents, so the opportunity to choose what I do with some hours of my day is novel and exciting. I'm like a kid in a lolly shop.
  3. In 1991, I was removed by police from a public bar in Swansea, Tasmania, making the front page of the Mercury. I was having a quiet drink with some other women the night after the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission had ruled that the RSL could not legally continue to exclude women from the bar. The RSL President was drunk and belligerent and removing us was how the police kept the peace.
  4. I have a morbid fear of beetroot. The smell, the stains, the texture, the taste, the look...all spine-chilling.
  5. I am very good at yoyo tricks. I had pneumonia when I was 11, during a yoyo craze. While I was off school recovering, I put the time to good use.
Consider yourself driveby tagged if you're reading this, but particularly if you are:
  1. CW
  2. Dave Pattern
  3. Feral TB
  4. Rochelle Hartman
  5. Judy O'Connell

TODAY'S HIPPIE CARD: Strength




5 comments:

Kalgrl said...

HI Kathryn, Thanks for the tag.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn! I've already been tagged -- www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/149/

I'll put my pondering hat on and see if I can think of any more "things you didn't know"...

Kathryn Greenhill said...

Ah..another thing you didn't know about Kathryn Greenhill... she has early Alzheimers :)

How could I forget the cotton wool wrapped mealworms playing bhangra ?

Peta said...

You sure have some quirky things to mention.

Why did you choose Greenhill?

Kathryn Greenhill said...

Ummm... bit embarrassing really. We were driving past some green hills and suggested that..it stayed as our default while we were trying to think of others.

Then..Mr-now-9 was born 2 months premature and we didn't have time to think of anything else.

You DO realise you're now tagged, don't you, Peta?