Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bloglines..you are sooooo dropped!

Dear Bloglines,

It's over between us.

You were my first serious aggregator relationship. I know I flirted with RSS Reader and RSS Popper, but I settled on you.

I loved checking in on you and how you responded with new and exiting feeds. I loved those extras you did for me...like providing a blogroll on my sidebar and letting me see what others subscribed to. The "Sub with bloglines" button. Ahh..memories.

I used you as my first blogging software. I know I was misguided and you just couldn't fulfil that need...but I thought your great aggregation made up for it.

I used to visit you regularly and you were always ready with an update. Recently, you've just not been up for RSS fun when I drop by. Your performance is.....slow. I know some users want intimacy and a bit of teasing with their updates, but for me it's all about frequency, frequency, frequency.

I'm sorry, but I've been dallying with google reader. It's not quite as fancy as you are, and doesn't have all the features you have..but it can give good update.

I hope you understand. It's time for me to move on. I hope to keep in touch through my sidebar, but for now I just don't want more than that.

Goodbye and good luck.

Kathrynarium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google Reader good.

Alesti.org better.

I wrote a review on my blog:

http://www.tinkerx.com/index.php/2006/07/10/best-rss-reader-ever/

I like being able to read the entire original post in a third pane without leaving the RSS-feed window/tab. Once you get used to that feature... very hard to go back.

Kathryn Greenhill said...

Thanks. I checked it out and found it simple and fuss free. Interesting approach to arrange by tags instead of folders. Would have liked it if it imported my folder names in as tags.

If google reader steps even a little bit out of line,I know where I can turn.